TB Scenario in Mumbai:
- In 2017, total 45,675 drug sensitive TB patients were notified from both public and private sector in Mumbai. Due to improved awareness and private sector notification efforts, case detection has improved.
- In 2017, 4,891 new multi-drug resistant TB patients and 670 XDR patients were registered. This is a result of increase in diagnostic facilities and patients of private sector also being registered and treated free of cost under public sector.
Services and new initiatives under Mumbai TB programme in 2017:
- 18,000 TB suspects from public sector were given free x-ray facility through private x-ray facilities.
- In 2018, 8 new CBNAAT machines were installed, now total 28 CBNAAT machines are available in public sector for diagnosis of drug resistant TB (DRTB) cases. These machines runs test for both public and private sector patients. In 2017, total test performed 72,067.
- Free fixed-dose combination (FDC) is being made available for private sector patients through 150 chemists in Mumbai, the project is rolled out and it will expand to cover more chemists.
- 5 new DRTB OPD’s started to initiate treatment for DRTB patient near their residence and tackle adverse drug reactions.
- All DRTB adult and paediatric patients are given dry ration from February 2018.
- Active Case Finding survey 3 rounds were undertaken in all 24 wards in 2017. 17 lakh population were screened, 6630 TB suspect were detected and 304 TB patients were diagnosed. From May 2018 Active Case Finding survey will be undertaken with help of CHV’s in collaboration of Lupin.
Following activity awareness are under taken by BMC from March 15 to March 31.
- Rally and walkathon are organised with help of Local Corporators and NGO stakeholders in all wards of Mumbai.
- An animated film with TB information and story about TB survivor has been prepared and will be released.
- TB awareness banners will be displayed on 15 railway stations of central and harbour railway line.
- Radio Jingles, Hoarding and ‘TB Harega, Desh Jitega’ film will be played in PVR cinemas sponsored by Macleods Pharmaceuticals.
- Public awareness on Radio FM Channel Fever 104 will be sponsored by Janssen Pharma.
- Digital wall images organised in collaboration with Lions Club International.
- Standees all over Mumbai in 10 mega malls are displayed.
- Social awareness programme like community meeting, school and college awareness programme and patients meet is being arranged by District TB Officer and staff.