Now, if you visit any blood bank, you will find the information of the blood available, the prices of the blood unit and charges for more tests should be displayed on the board.
The State Blood Transfusion Council (SBTC) has come out with these important guidelines for the blood banks of the government and private hospital as well as private blood banks. As, few days ago, SBTC had received a complaint regarding the lack of information about the availability of blood in the blood banks. After which, this guidelines have been set.
So, the blood banks and their head across the state have been informed about some guidelines. That is, if a blood bank fails to abide to the guidelines or if the patient complaints regarding the same. Then, a stern action will be taken against the blood bank.
Guidelines for the blood banks and their head:
- There should be a transparency in the operation of the blood banks
- Daily information regarding the blood stock should be displayed on the board and should be updated from time to time
- Receptionist should carry the copy of the latest updates regarding the blood availability to provide proper information to the patient’s relative
- According to the government’s decision, the information regarding the blood and the unit price of the blood should be displayed on the board
- The charges for more tests should be displayed on the board
According to the information received by the senior officials of SBTC, daily, every blood bank across the state should display the information of the blood stock available with it, to ensure the smooth operation of the blood bank. It will also help patients and their relatives.