Mumbai: 65 % transgenders consume tobacco, finds survey 

A survey conducted by the Cancer Patients Aid Association, in Mumbai, in September last year and April 2018, revealed 60 to 65 per cent of the transgenders consume some or the other kind of tobacco. Of which, as much as 35 per cent were found to be in pre-cancerous condition

Mumbai: 65 % transgenders consume tobacco, finds survey Among them, as high as 90 per cent of them consume tobacco due to various kinds of mental stress. The prevalence of tobacco consumption is rising not only in youths but also in the transgenders. A survey conducted by the Cancer Patients Aid Association, has revealed these shocking details. Seventy-five per cent of the transgenders, […]

In a first for India, a medical college in Kerala offers free medical aid to transgenders

In a first, a medical college in Kerala, namely Kottayam Medical College has started this initiative of offering free medical services for the transgender on the first Tuesday of every month. The initiative, began in May this year, and is a college approach that will, if proved successful, encourage other medical colleges in the state to do the same

In a first for India, a medical college in Kerala offers free medical aid to transgendersDirty looks, judgmental opinions, disgusting giggles and snide remarks are all a part of visiting any doctor for most transgender people in the country. In a first, a medical college in Kerala- Kottayam Medical College has started this initiative of offering free medical services for the transgenders on the first Tuesday of every month. Adithi, […]