Knowing the right foods to eat as well as the kinds of food to limit can improve the way you feel. It will also help you lose weight. Eating well, staying active, and maintaining a healthy weight can improve PCOS symptoms, say experts.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods. A PCOS diet is crucial role in the management of PCOS, not only for weight loss and maintenance, but also to regulate insulin levels. Experts list out a diet plan for the same.
Pooja Udeshi, Sports nutritionist and certified diabetes educator and practicing at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital informed, “Weight loss should be addressed. Have low-glycemic index (GI) foods to keep your insulin levels stable. Have low GI fruits cherry, plum, apricot, oranges and pear. Load yourself with a lot of essential fatty acids – nuts, seeds and so on.”
- Drink a lot of water
- Eat egg sandwich, moong chilla, milk, roti, salad, sprouts, lentils, paneer subzi and soup
- Consume green tea over tea and coffee
- Avoid refined, processed, packaged and fried food, beverages and red meat
- No sugar in any form as they can get diabetic in future. Being overweight can also cause sleep apnea
Ankita Ghag, clinical nutritionist, Co-founder and director, Vacchan Arogya says:
- Consume salads
- Eat roasted soybeans, besan omelette, ragda with wheat flakes, curd
- Cut down on bakery items like, pastries, cake, biscuits, khari, toast and pav
- Avoid salted and spicy foods
- Maintain an ideal body weight
- Exercise for 30 minutes per day. One can also do brisk walking and yoga