- There are millions of people in this country who need an organ for survival. If they get an organ, they can get a new life. Each year, hundreds of people die while waiting for an organ transplant.
- Now, a Nashik couple who is set to marry on March 18, has taken up the organ donation theme for their marriage.
Varsha Pagar, Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner and Swapnil Kothawade, Assistant Commissioner, Income tax, has set an example for everyone by undertaking noble causes like organ and blood donation.
- Swapnil and Varsha will get married on March 18 at Shri Krishna Marriage lawns, Nashik-Pune Road, Nashik. Timing: 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
- During the eco-friendly marriage, organ donation oath will be taken along with blood donation.
Varsha, who since college days took up social causes said, “To continue doing social work. Swapnil and I chose a same job. We wanted to create awareness about organ donation as it can grant a new lease of life to people. During marriage, we will donate blood first. There will be Nashik Medical college team to coordinate for the same.”
- Dr Bhausaheb More, Director, Rishikesh Hospital will educate people on organ donation.
- 2 donor-recipient pairs will be felicitated.
- There will be standees, organ donation posters and pamphlets will be distributed.
Varsha said, “Nursing College Girls will distribute donor card and pamphlets and those who are interested can fill the organ donation forms. There will be no sound pollution and the marriage will be eco-friendly. So, I appeal everyone to come forward and do their bit. So, people should come forward to donate blood and organs, that will be the marriage gift.”
As per Swapnil, “Marriage is a great medium to create awareness regarding organ donation as people come together during the same. It is vital to spread awareness about organ donation. So, even after you are not alive, it will help people to survive.”
Dr Bhausaheb More, Director, Rishikesh hospital, Nashik said, “I am India’s first liver transplant recipient. 15 years ago, I underwent liver transplant. With that inspiration I work for organ donation. I will be spreading awareness on organ donation. Organ donation pledge will be taken along with the couple.”