- Now, Facebook has come forward to spread awareness regarding blood donation. In a new Facebook feature, the users will have to fill their medical history.
- New Facebook feature: Users should fill the information about their health. It will be important to mention the blood group. After registration, if the users require blood, they can post on Facebook. The information of the available blood donor and the blood bank will be provided.
For Facebook’s blood donation campaign, 4 blood banks from the Country are included. For which, the Facebook officials came to India and conducted a survey. Bloodline blood bank from Thane has been included.
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Shilpa Jain of bloodline blood bank said, “The Facebook officials visited the Bloodline blood bank on February 20. And inspected whether the blood banks are working according to WHO’s guidelines. After taking information of the blood donors and so on, the blood bank was included in the blood donation campaign.”
Blood banks included are as follows:
- Bloodline blood bank, Thane
- JJ Mahanagar Blood Bank, Byculla
- Saifee Hospital blood bank
- Sadguru blood bank, Kopar Khairane, Navi Mumbai
Dr Rajeev Jadhav, Blood transfusion officer of Bloodline said, “10 people team from Facebook, California, conducted a survey in India. We were informed regarding this campaign. This blood bank was chosen due to exceptional work.”
Highest number of Facebook users are in India. Owing to which for the first phase, India has been selected.