- This new curriculum will be unveiled on February 28, on the birth anniversary of the Tata Memorial Hospital.
- Cancer patients from all over the country come to seek treatment at the Tata Memorial Hospital. The patient has queries like where to go? Which doctor to meet? How to take out a case paper? Where to seek financial help? And so on. So, there is a need of a person who has all the information regarding the same. Through this course, a training regarding the same queries will be given.
About the syllabus:
- How to communicate with the patient and their relatives
- How to boost the patient’s morale
- Medical breakthroughs
- About the protocol, ethics and understanding the patients
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, SH Jaffery, Senior PRO, Tata Memorial Centre said, “Tata Memorial Hospital and Tata Institute of Social Science has decided to start a course called as ‘Advance Diploma in Patient Navigation’ for the patient’s benefit. This diploma course will be applicable of the students who are working in a medical field or are recently graduated as well as the social workers. So that a new set of caretakers will be generated in the hospitals and institutions across the country. “
- The one year course will be called as ‘Advance Diploma in Patient Navigation’
- This diploma course will be applicable of the students who are working in a medical field or are recently graduated as well as the social workers
- Training by national and international expert professors
- After six months internship period with Tata Hospital
- Job Opportunity in Other Hospitals and Institutions