- Paramedical staff is the backbone of the health sector.
- Paramedical staff supports the patients and encourages them to fight with the diseases.
- Now, the central government has decided to register the paramedical staff.
Shankar Bhagat, national coordinator of Society of Indian Radiographers (SIR) said, “There are councils in the state to register the doctors and the nurses. However, no record regarding the paramedical staff is kept. Apart from this, even if the educational qualification has not been decided, there is a shortage of paramedical staff in the state.”
Society of Indian Radiographers (SIR) is trying to get the paramedical staff registered since 17 years as, the central government has decided to register the paramedical staff.
Vilas Bhadane, president, Radiographers Association Of Maharashtra, “The state government introduced the Paramedical Council Act in 2012 to improve educational qualification and to nab the bogus paramedical staff. This law was approved in the year 2013. This council has not been created yet as there is some amendment in this law.”
Paramedical staff works in 21 different hospitals in the operation theatre, pathology lab technician, x-ray technician, CT scan and the MRI department.
- The central government’s registration process will be free
- You will have to register once
- Driving license, pan card, voter ID and passport is compulsory
- Certificate of diploma or degree