- The medical test facility is mainly available in the bigger BMC hospitals. Owing to which, the patients have to make continuous trips to the hospitals.
- Also, there is a long queue for medical tests and the patients have to wait for the same. The patients face commuting problem as well as they are stress out due it.
- As an option, the BMC administration has now considered implementing the ‘‘Aapli Chikitsa’ scheme. Its tender process is in the final phase and will be completed soon.
- Now, the patients and their relatives will no longer have to struggle.
- As, free medical tests will be done at the clinics near the house. The pathologist will send the medical test report of the patient’s within 8 to 10 hours via email or an SMS to the said doctors of the hospital.
As per BMC’s senior official’s information, in the municipal budget session of the year 2017-2018, the scheme ‘Aapli Chikitsa’ has been proposed in order to provide treatment to the patients. For this, a provision of Rs 16.15 crores was proposed for the budget. Its tender process is in the final phase.
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Avinash Supe, director of major civic hospitals and dean of KEM Hospital, Parel, said, “The work of the tender process of ‘Aapli Chikitsa’ has begun. After only which, it will be decided to implement the scheme. Patients go to the BMC clinics for treatment. Later, if needed, they have to run to the bigger BMC Hospitals for medical tests. For this, the patient and their relatives have to undergo a lot of stress. Now, all the facilities related to the medical tests will be provided in the BMC dispensaries near the patient’s house, which will put an end to the sufferings of the patients.”
What is ‘Aapli Chikitsa’ scheme?
- The municipal administration will take the help of private laboratories to implement the ‘Aapli Chikitsa’ scheme
- It is mandatory for the private laboratories to go to the BMC hospitals and clinics and take the samples of the tests
- Along with in dispensaries, suburban hospitals and maternity homes in total 224 centres, 140 different tests will be available
- No need to go to the bigger hospitals for the test
- Free medical tests will be done at the clinics near the house.
- The pathologist will send the medical test report of the patient’s within 8 to 10 hours via email or an SMS to the said doctors of the hospital
- It will be compulsory to send the report of the emergency patient within 3 hours
- This will end the patient’s suffering and stress
This will make it easier for doctors to properly diagnose and treat patients