While topics like menopause are hardly spoken about in Indian society, a Marathi theatre will soon present a play named ‘menopause’. Its first screening will be arranged on January 25 in Pune.
Niteen Kumar, writer and director of the play, explained about the purpose of the play and what will it convey. He mentioned that:
- Women don’t speak about menopause within themselves or in a family set up.
- There are many misconceptions around it which leads to negativity in women.
- Only when a public platform is given to these topics will the misconceptions around it get nullified.
- Many women give up on their career and many other fronts after menopause. These women should know how to handle it and how to not let it affect their lives.
Ujvala Gaud, an actress from the play said that:
- Women think that menopause is the end of their journey.
- The play will highlight how even after menopause, every woman can lead the life which she used to earlier live.
- It also highlights how it is just one stage in their life span and how life is still beautiful beyond this stage.