- Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease that usually affects the lungs and weakens the immune system.
- As per information received by My Medical Mantra, the summit will be held from March 13 to 16. PM Modi will inaugurate the same.
Speaking about the 1st TB summit which will be held in India, Dr Sunil Kharpade, deputy director general TB said, “The world summit will be organised in the month of March. An elaborated discussion will take place on TB. Day by day TB virus is becoming drug resistant. In the summit, we will discuss how and in what ways we can tackle TB. What more needs to be done for the patients, which new policies can be introduced, this all will be discussed by theTB specialist.”
As per the information from the sources:
- PM Modi will inaugurate the summit
- National action plan 2017-2025 will be presented about TB
- Central ministers will be invited
- Chief Ministers of all the states will be invited