- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches NDA government’s most ambitions health protection scheme ‘Ayushman Bharat’
- This scheme has been made public on the occasion of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar’s birth anniversary.
- Fifty crore poor and needy people will be benefit from this scheme.
- Rs 5 lakh medical cover would be provided to an underprivileged family for a year.
- 5 lakh health and wellness centres would be set-up, and primary health centres would be upgraded.
- 10 crore poor families will get financial cover.
With an aim to build ‘Fit and Healthy India,’ the NDA government led by Narendra Modi, the centre has undertaken various efforts to reach out to the poor and needy people. Taking a step further, PM Modi, on Saturday launched ‘Ayushman Bharat’ India’s biggest health protection scheme from Bijapur, Chhattisgarh.
While speaking at the launch of Ayushman Bharat, PM Narendra Modi said, “This is the first step which we have taken towards building the ‘Fit and Healthy India’. The government will build 1.5 lakh, health and wellness centres. These centres will play the role of a family doctor. Our aim is not only to provide medical aid, but too make sure that people will stay healthy and fit. We want to curb and prevent the menace of non-communicable diseases.”
- Under this scheme health and wellness centres will be set-up.
- Healthcare will be provided to pregnant women and her newborn child.
- Elderly citizens will be given medical aid.
- People suffering from mental illness will be given appropriate medical attention.
- Patients suffering with diabetes, hypertension and heart ailments will be counselled regarding their condition.
Union Health and Family Welfare minister, J P Nadda said, “Health department will work in tendon with other departments, to make sure that the benefit of this scheme will reach to the poor people. Our aim is to make sure that every Indian citizen lives a disease-free life.”