- In his monthly radio programme “Mann Ki Baat”, the Prime Minister said: Preventive healthcare is most cheap and easy. As much as we are conscious about preventive healthcare, it will be beneficial for the person, his family and society.
- A healthy India is vital as a clean India. In case of health, the country has moved past conventional approaches and surged ahead. Earlier, health was looked after only by the health ministry but today all government arms are working towards creating a ‘Healthy India’. Along with the emphasis on preventive healthcare, affordable healthcare is also being promoted.
- In contemporary times of stress and lifestyle diseases, fitness is a key part of wellness and plays an important role in keeping us healthy, preventing diseases and ensuring a better quality of life.
- The ‘Fit India’ movement provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India. As a part of the movement, individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.
As per PM Modi said yoga has attained worldwide recognition as a measure of preventive healthcare and urged people to start a movement right now.Yoga Day will be celebrated on 21 June. Can we start working from now to encourage people for Yoga?
According to PM Modi:
- Under ‘Ayushman Bharat Yojana’, the Indian government and insurance companies will jointly provide Rs 5 lakh for treatment to about 10 crore families or 50 crore citizens per year.
- The cost for heart stents for the patients has been reduced to 85%. The cost of knee implants has also been regulated and reduced by 50-70%.
- The government had opened over 3,000 ‘Jan Aushadhi Kendras’ (people’s medicine centres) and was working continuously to open more of them. More than 800 medicines are being made available at these centres at an affordable price.
- MBBS seats in 479 medical colleges have been increased to about 68,000 and new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are being opened in various states with a view to provide better treatment to people across the country.
- One new medical college will be set up for every three districts.