People’s Health Forum (PHF), an NGO working in the field of health care in Pune, has written to Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) commissioner asking him for disclosure of health system information on PMC website.
The letter says that disclosure of information is essential to improve the existing health care services in Pune and to gain faith of residents of Pune towards public health care services. It also mentions that putting these details is mandatory to public institutes for public disclosure under RTI Act 2005, 4 (1).
Dr Anup Loddha, Secretary of PHF, said, “Swine flu is hot topic now. But still people do not know which hospital to go to, as there is nothing put on the PMC website. There are 19 hospitals under PMC but there is no list put by the PMC on its website. We are pressing these demands in order to bring in transparency in government set up. The PMC administration has assured us to conduct a meeting for the same on Friday.”
The letter has demanded following information to be disclosed on PMC website:
- Details of infrastructure, facilities, permanent and temporary manpower of various hospitals of PMC
- List of public and private hospitals in PMC area
- Last 5 year statistical data of OPD, deliveries and other major and minor surgeries
- Medicines available at PMC hospital
- Details of selected tenders of medicines and instruments
- Various user charges applicable at PMC hospitals
- Diagnostic facilities such as laboratory, radiology, ultra sonography, ECG etc available with hospital
- Details on infectious diseases hospitals: infrastructure, manpower