- And it’s the New Year Again! We’d be setting foot into a brand new year, 2018. Jittery, excited, anxious, retrospective – the last few days of the year are a bundle of emotions difficult to put in words. There can’t be a better idea to bid goodbye to the year that was with friends and family at a fun New Year’s party.
- The thought of a pounding hangover and the excess calorie-intake can be quite a mood spoiler the next day. How about changing the course of things this time around and being intelligent about it? We’ve got you expert tips on how you can enjoy the big night.
According to Dr Ankita Ghag, Clinical Nutritionist, Vacchan Aarogya and Diabetes Care 365:
- Opt for natural vegetable and fruit smoothies
- Lemon juice
- Kokum Sharbat
- Rum or whiskey with water or ice
- Avoid alcohol but if you wish to have, than 30 ml whisky with ice cubes can be dragged throughout the party
- Kashmiri kahwa
- Flavoured green tea
- Chilled black tea and coffee
- Sip into a glass of water after every drink you chug in
Pooja Udeshi, Sports nutritionist and certified diabetes educator and practicing at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital said, “Opt for plain sodas and fresh lime soda. Avoid alcohol, low-calorie drinks and canned juices.”