- The Indian Institute of Homeopathic Physicians support the concern of the IMA as far as the bridge course is concerned.
- The Indian Institute of Homeopathic Physicians is against the proposed the Bridge course for Ayurveda doctors as it will not serve any purpose for the national health.
- This course will open a Pandora’s Box for creating quackery which is disastrous for the national health.
- Homeopaths have their own system of medicine.
- We are in favour of maintaining the purity of each system of medicine.
- As per the NMC Bill, the unscientific mixing of the systems will endanger the lives of patients. NMC provides separate registration and Bridge courses for AYUSH practitioners to enable them to practice modern medicine. Joint medical council meeting will ensure mixing the curriculum of all the systems.
Dr MA Rao, National President, Indian Institute of Homeopathic Physicians said, “We are not in the favour of the Bridge course as the homeopaths have their own system of medicine. The homeopathy is well established. Making them to practice the Bridge course and allopathy is against the stated stand of the government of India. Now, they are saying that the AYUSH doctors should go for the bridge course and this is not acceptable. We stand for quality homeopathic education and not cross pathy.”
Dr Samir Bhure, homeopath, LCEH, Mumbai said, “We should practice what we have learnt. Bridge course might help if is it is properly incorporated.”