Nashik: Doctors successfully remove Rs 2 coin from minor’s throat

We have heard of children swallowing coins, pendants and so on. Similarly, Doctors at the Nashik Civil Hospital have removed a Rs 2 coin stuck in throat of a five-year-old, which she accidentally swallowed

fe9bdddd-a906-4c86-8863-6bb421ee2494

  • Doctors at a Nashik Hospital saved a 5-year-old girl’s life after Rs 2 coin accidentally got stuck in her throat.
  • The doctors yesterday performed a telescopic surgery on the girl, Vaishnavi Mali, to remove the coin.

Vaishnavi Mali, a resident of Maharashtra’s Manmad town, was given a Rs 2 coin by her grandfather so she could go buy a chocolate. Vaishnavi was playing with the coin when she put it in her mouth and it got stuck in her throat.

After her parents came to know about it, they rushed her to Manmad’s sub-district civil hospital, where doctors referred her to the Civil Hospital.

7d1597eb-6678-49b6-ba3c-897b489e0771

The doctors  performed a telescopic surgery on the girl, Vaishnavi Mali, to remove the coin. Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Sanjay Gangurde, head of Ear-Nose and Throat (ENT) department, at the Nashik Civil Hospital said, “On Wednesday night, Vaishnavi was admitted in the Hospital. The X-Ray revealed that the coin had stuck in her wind pipe. Owing to which, she wasn’t able to speak. I along with surgeon Sachin Pawar and Dr Siddharth Shelke performed a telescopic surgery on Vaishnavi and removed the coin from her throat.”