Nashik: Doctors remove coin from a toddler’s throat

Krishna, a seven-year-old boy accidentally swallowed a two rupee coin given by his grandfather. He was rushed to Nashik’s district hospital, where doctors, removed the coin from his throat using endoscopy

Nashik: Doctors remove two rupee coin from a toddler’s throat

A 7-year-old Krishna Rajput, who hails from Jalana, Maharashtra, accidentally swallowed a two rupee coin.

On Friday, Krishna was rushed to Nashik’s district hospital. The doctors, using endoscopy procedure, removed the coin from his throat.

Krishna Rajput’s (7) grandfather gave him a two rupee coin to play. But, he accidentally swallowed it. He started developing issues in breathing, and his family wasn’t even aware as to what happened to him. After which he was immediately rushed to Nashik’s district hospital.

As Krishna was suffering from breathing problems, doctors did an X-ray and found that he swallowed a coin.

While speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Sajnay Gangurde, head of ENT department, said, “The coin got stuck in between windpipe and oesophagus. Krishna was unable to speak and was crying a lot. He was facing trouble in breathing as well. With the help of endoscopy, we removed the coin from his throat.”

Dr Gangurde further added, “This is the seventh case, in the past six months, which we have handled.”