- 1 donor can save up to 8 lives. Owing to which 10 Mumbaikars have come forward.
- Also, they have organised an organ donation march from February 23rd to April 15 from Mumbai to Goa.
- The march will begin from KEM Hospital at 9:00 am on February 23rd. And will proceed through the Konkan villages. The march will end at Panjim in Goa on April 15.
- Shrikant Apte, Pushottam Pawar, Shailesh Deshpande, Chandrashekhar Deshpande, priyadarshan Bapat, Avinash Kulkarni, Dutta Kulkarni and Sharad Dautkhani are wrking for the same.
- This is the second year, the march has been conducted. The main aim is to create awareness regarding organ donation in the rural areas.
Sunil Deshpande, member of the Foundation Of Organ and Body Donation, Last year, we conducted a march from Nahik-Nagpur-Anandvan. This year, the march will be from Mumbai to Goa.”
He added, “Zonal Transplant Co-Ordination Centre (ZTCC), Regional Organ and Tissue Transplantation Organisation (ROTTO), Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) and so on has also assured to participate in this.
About the march:
- The march will halt at 52 stops
- Meetings will be held to create awareness about organ donation
- Awareness would be created through advertisements
- The rotary club and the other NGOs will also participate