- According to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, the plane had taken off from the Juhu airstrip on a test flight.
- The pilot seemed to have tried to crash land near a building under construction and not near the highly-populated localities. This crucial decision of the pilots helped avert what could have been an event bigger catastrophe.
- The Mumbai Fire Brigade took over an hour to put out the fire. Five charred bodies have been pulled out by firemen.
- A pedestrian on whom the leaking aviation fuel fell from the aircraft died of burn injuries.
- Bodies of those killed in the plane crash have been sent to the nearby Rajawadi hospital in Ghatkopar.
- Three injured – Luv Kush Kumar (aged 21), Naresh Kumar Nishad (aged 24), and an unidentified person who were workers at the construction site.
- Nishad has sustained minor burn injuries on his hand and leg.
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Pradeep Jadhav, Peripheral Hospital Head, said, “In all, five dead bodies have been brought to the Rajawadi Hospital. Three people have been injured in the plane crash incident. But, their condition is stable. They have suffered from minor injures.”
Prabhat Ramdale, Mumbai Fire Brigade chief informed was quoted as saying, “The four occupants of the chartered plane have died on the spot in the crash and their charred bodies have been recovered from the wreckage. Our jawans were immediately rushed to the site to launch the rescue operation. Four fire engines and as many water tankers were rushed to douse the fire that occurred after the plane crashed. ”
The incident occurred around 1:10 p.m., it was a 12-seater aircraft. As per an eyewitness account, “The plane collided against tree branches and then crashed into a nearby construction site. A big explosion took place on impact and a person walking on the road died instantly on the spot.”
Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu tweeted in respone to the plane crash:
Saddened to hear the news about the aircraft crash in Mumbai.
Have directed DGCA to conduct an investigation into the plane crash at the earliest. I’m in constant touch with on ground developments.
— Suresh Prabhu (@sureshpprabhu) June 28, 2018