According to information provided by the BMC’s disaster management:
- 12 fire engines and 10 jumbo water tankers are at the spot.
- The fire started at 10:30 a.m. this morning.
- Three people have been injured due to this incident.
- The injured persons have been admitted to Bandra’s Bhabha Hospital.
- Rescue operations are currently underway.
- The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
- Commuters are advised to avoid off-ramp near Bandra Reclamation as the fire is believed to have originated from the shanty under the bridge.
- A team of firefighters have been trying to douse it from above.
- A big cloud of smoke was seen coming out as fire fighters tried to control the fire.