- Fourteen people lost their lives and 21 others were badly injured in a major fire that broke out in a building in Mumbai’s Kamala Mills Compound. The blaze, reported around 12.30 a.m. from a rooftop restaurant in The Kamla Trade House, quickly spread to another pub and a restaurant in the vicinity.
- Many people were present in the pub when the fire broke.
- 11 women and 3 men have lost their lives.
- More than 12 fire tenders were rushed to fight the blaze which was brought under control around 6.30 a.m.
- The injured were admitted to KEM Hospital, National Burns Centre and Bhatia Hospital.
- Fortunately, Siddharth Shroff who was present there survived the mishap.
Siddharth Shroff who suffered serious injuries said, “The fire broke out at 12:30 am. The exit was narrow. To save myself, I went to the bathroom. The fire was spreading everywhere. I somehow escaped. But, I suffered hand and back injuries.”