- A massive fire broke out in Mumbai. As per BMC’s disaster management’s information, at least 14 people lost their lives and 26 are injured. The reason of the fire is still unknown.
- Many people were present in the pub when the fire broke.
- Congress MLA Nitesh Rane tweeted that the restaurants do not follow the safety norms.
In the massive fire that broke out in Mumbai’s Kamala Mills, Lower Parel, at least 14 people have been found dead on Friday. Congress MLA Nitesh Rane took to twitter after the gruesome fire incident and tweeted, “So many restaurants in Mumbai do not follow the safety norms n all they do is bribe the local BMC officers and get away with it. Now, a probe will be ordered n the ones who are responsible will not even be punished!!There r many Kamala mills in the waiting… Nothing will change!!
“Why only blame the restaurant owner and not the BMC officer who kept quiet while he was breaking the rules. Both are equally responsible! A friend who was a witness to the Kamala mills incident says the fire broke out because of a hookah and not a short circuit. Both the restaurants responsible for it Mojo and one above have Eating licenses n can’t serve hookahs to their customers!!,” read his tweet.
Hemant Parab, deputy chief fire officer, Byculla Mumbai Fire Brigade said, “Hookah can be one of the reasons of the fire. We are investigating and the reports will be submitted soon.”
On Wednesday, Mumbai’s Mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar wrote a letter to Datta Padsalgikar, the Mumbai Police Commissioner regarding the hookah parlour and demanded that, many youngsters are attracted towards it. So, the police should take a stern action against it.
The letter says:
- The hookah parlours should be permanently shut
- Hookah parlours are rampant in Mumbai
- Youngsters are into substance abuse
- Today, youngsters are addicted to hookah
- Hookah parlours should be banned by the BMC and the police administration
- The police should take a stern action