Mumbai fire: ‘Then, Sonu would have been alive’

Sonu’s cousin Arjun, is shocked by his untimely death, and is going through the emotional turbulence. With teary eyes he said, “Sonu is my younger brother. Since past two months, he was working at Bhanu farsan namkeen shop. We used to always tell him to leave the job and come home at Kalyan. But, he didn't listen. We had asked him to take a leave on Monday. Still, he didn’t listen and left for work at late night. After which, we got the information of this unfortunate incident"

 

Sakinaka

  • Early morning, a major fire broke out at Bhanu farsan namkeen shop at Khairani road, Sakinaka, Mumbai, in which Sonu Ramganesh Gupta (18), lost his life.
  • Since past two months, Sonu was working in Bhanu farsan namkeen shop Khairani road, Sakinaka, Mumbai.
  • He belonged to Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
  • One year ago, to earn money, Sonu and his two brothers had come to Mumbai. They lived in a rented room, in a chawl in Kalyan.

His elder brothers lived in Kalyan and worked there. But, two months ago, through his friend, Sonu got a job in Bhanu farsan namkeen shop. To avoid the long distance travelling from Kalyan to Saki Naka, Sonu decided to stay back in the shop.

Sonu's brother Arjun
Sonu’s cousin Arjun

On Sunday, 3 brothers and his cousins partied in Sonu’s house at Kalyan. “Yesterday, we partied. We all brothers came together, as we wanted Sonu to leave the job and shift to Kalyan. He didn’t listen to his brothers. So, we made him understand. To which, he replied, he will think about it. We told him to take leave as we were going back to the village. But, he refused to listen. If he would have listened to us, he would have been alive,” said Arjun, Sonu’s cousin.