Mumbai fire: Mirza family loses their two sons

On Monday, 12 people died in a fire that broke out at a shop on Khairani road, Sakinaka in the early morning hours. The fire broke out at namkeen shop Bhanu Farsan. The fire was extinguished with the help of 3 fire engines, 4 jumbo tankers and 108 ambulances. But, in this gruesome incident, the Mirzas have lost their two sons. After which, the Mirzas are in the state of shock and immense pain

Sakinaka-fire-featured-image

  • On Monday, early morning, a major fire broke out at Bhanu farsan namkeen shop at Khairani road, Sakinaka, Mumbai. 12 people died in the unfortunate incident.
  • Nayeem Mirza (18) and Waseem Mirza (24) were cousins, who worked in the Bhanu Farsan shop since past five to six months.
  • Their bodies have been identified by their relatives and the police.

Naseem Mirza, Nayeem’s father said, “We got a phone call, after this incident. We were shaken. After going to the shop, I came to know about my son. Then, I went to the hospital where I identified my brother’s son Waseem. But, I couldn’t identify my son Nayeem. After an hour, I identified him. I became numb, when I saw their dead bodies.”

Naseem who was in tears said, “According to doctors, the bodies will be sent for post-mortem. But, I cannot see the cuts on my son’s body.”

Nayeem Mirza at extreme right and Waseem Mirza in white shirt
Nayeem Mirza at extreme right and Waseem Mirza in white shirt

Javed Shaikh, the owner of the factory in which Naseem worked said, “Naseem collapsed on the ground as soon as he received the call. He was shocked after he got to know about his elder son Nayeem. I have come with him to the hospital. The family is in the state of shock as two boys of the same family have lost their lives.”

Neil Somaiya, the corporator of Mulund said, “After visiting the hospital, I took the cognizance of the situation. 12 people have lost their lives. All the dead bodies have burnt beyond recognition. Relatives are finding it difficult to identify the dead bodies. The supervisor of the shop Roz Ali, has been called for the identification of the dead bodies. After which, the bodies will be identified.”

According to doctors, these workers were awake when the fire broke out. They must have died due to the suffocation caused by the smoke from the fire. After which, their bodies were burnt in the fire. But, the exact cause of the death will be clear after the post-mortem.