- According to eyewitness Akhilesh Tiwari, around 2:30 am to 3:00 am, the wire caught fire, while 20 to 22 people were working in the shop.
- Tiwari and the others were sleeping then. After which, he could feel the flames. Later, the whole floor caught fire along with the shop and there was no way out.
- Tiwari jumped from the first floor and suffered from leg sprain. Immediately, the residents took him to a nearby house.
- His elder brother Mahesh and others went inside the shop, to save the stuck workers.
- Suddenly, the roof of the shop collapsed. His brother got trapped and lost his life.
“5 to 6 people who had got into the bathroom to save themselves lost their lives. To save them, my brother and his friends went inside the shop and never returned. All the dead bodies have burnt beyond recognition. I identified my brother with the help of the clothes he wore. If I would have been there, I wouldn’t have allowed my brother to go inside. And today, he would have been with us,” said Akhilesh Tiwari, an eyewitness of the incident.”