- Early morning, major fire broke out at Bhanu farsan namkeen shop at Khairani road, Sakinaka, Mumbai.
- As per primary information the fire started at ground floor leading to all persons on the loft who got trapped due to intense heat and smoke. They said loft subsequently collapsed due to fire and heat.
- 12 trapped persons who were extracted by firemen from the debris were shifted to Rajawadi Hospital and were declared dead before arrival.
- The fire was extinguished with the help of 3 fire engines, 4 jumbo tankers and 108 ambulances.
Today, Mumbaikars woke up to a shocking incident. As, a major fire broke out in Mumbai’s Khairani road.
As per Prabhat Rahangdale, CFO, Mumbai Fire Brigade, “At 4.17 am, we got a call that a major fire broke out at Bhanu farsan, Khairani road, Makhariya compound, near Laxmi-Narayan temple , Saki Naka. We arrived on the spot at 4: 34 am. Fire confined to electric wiring and electric installation, huge stock of eatables, furniture, sheets etc. In a ground floor structure in an area about 60×30 fts. The said structure partly collapsed.”
He added, “On initial enquiry about 10 to 15 were workers in the said gala and were residing inside the gala, out of which about 12 people got trapped on the loft. As per primary information the fire was started at ground floor leading to all persons on loft got trapped due to intense heat and smoke. The said loft subsequently collapsed due to Fire and heat.”
12 trapped persons who were extracted by firemen from the debris and shifted to Rajawadi Hospital, were declared dead before arrival.