- The number of bogus doctors has gone up. Last year, 81 bogus doctors were found in the action taken to track them. The government filed a complaint against these bogus doctors and took action. The MMC has no power to act against the bogus doctors.
- Therefore, the Maharashtra Medical Council demanded that the government should give the right to take action against bogus doctors.
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Shivkumar Utture, IMA member and President of Maharashtra Medical Council said, “Delhi Medical Council has the right to take action against bogus doctors. Action is taken against bogus doctors along with the police. The Maharashtra Medical Council does not have such authority.”
He added, “Currently, there are no restrictions on the private hospitals or clinics. The government cannot take an action against them. There is no regulation over the medical negligence or illegal work in the hospital. Owing to which, we have requested the state government to widen our jurisdiction and include hospitals and clinics.”
- The MMC has requested the state government to widen its jurisdiction
- The hospitals and the private clinic include the MMC’s jurisdiction
- Right to inquire the complaints against hospitals and private clinics
The time has changed, so changes in the law are necessary, demands the MMC members.