A fire broke out in the basement of main building of Mumbai’s Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) on Saturday (February 10) morning. Four fire engines and water tankers were rushed to the spot. No casualty was reported.
SH Jafri, spokesperson, Tata Memorial Hospital, said, “A fire broke out at 8am in the store room of dispensary. We immediately informed the fire brigade, which rushed to the spot and doused the fire.”
An official from disaster management said, “The fire was doused and it appears that it happened due to short circuit.”
Though the stock of medicines is destroyed, extent of loss is yet unknown.