- The helpline has been launched to guide unwed mothers.
- Through this helpline, the women will be educated about the PCPNDT act and will be provided health services.
- Unwed mothers across Maharashtra can avail this facility.
- Currently, 4 to 5 women call on the helpline asking for the guidance.
- The helpline number: 9075764763
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Ashok Tangde, secretary, Jagar Pratishthan said, “Women are subjected to early pregnancy due to early marriages and other reasons. Women don’t have enough knowledge about abortion law. To educate them regarding the same, we have started this helpline. These women are counselled and we help them seek justice. The information of unwed mothers is kept under wraps.”
Anand Pawar is the Executive Director of SAMYAK, said, “Along with the unwed mothers, this helpline is also for the pregnant mothers. The women are educated about the abortion laws. For which, 450 gynaecologists from the government and private hospitals have been trained. The women visiting these doctors are educated regarding the same. Accordingly the woman is treated.”
Dr Sushma Deshmukh, a Gynaecologist said, “Women should be educated about abortion and its laws. Accordingly, the girls in school and colleges should be educated.