Naznir Hassan was using BlackBerry and Huawei smartphones. Both the smartphones were kept on charging in Hassan’s bedroom. The explosion led to a fire on the mattress in the room.
The Impact was so devastating that it was difficult to identify as to which of the two smartphones actually exploded due to overheating.
However, the police is claimed that the death was caused due to the smoke inhalation from the explosion and not the shrapnels from the smartphone.
Who was Nazrin Hassan?
Nazrin was educated in the United Kingdom with a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B Hons) from the University of Buckingham in 1994. He was also an Executive Committee member of the United Kingdom Executive Council for Malaysian Students (UKEC).
Nazrin returned to Cradle in October 2007, after being appointed as its Chief Executive Officer by the Ministry of Finance, after it was spun out from under MAVCAP into Cradle.
According to his brother-in-law the death was apparently not caused by the fire. The relative said on social media that when one of the smartphones exploded, the broken parts of it hit Hassan on the back of the head which likely caused “blunt trauma.” After this, the explosion led to a fire in the bedroom, but by then Hassan is said to have been already dead.
“He had two phones, one Blackberry and a Huawei. We don’t know which one exploded. Who would have thought such an innocuous routine procedure is the reason three young kids will grow up without their father by their side,” Hassan’s brother-in-law told The Malaysian Insight.
Cautions to take while charging your phone:
- Don’t use your phone to make or answer calls while it is being charged.
- Don’t let your phone charge overnight.
- Keep the phone on a wooden or glass surface while charging.
- Don’t not keep your phone on the bed or pillows.
Source: Economic Times