- With the help of the mobile app, the registered medical practitioner from all around the world can apply online for provisional registration, permanent registration, additional qualification registration and so on. All the certificates can be downloaded and the registration information and validity of the registration can be checked online.
- The registered medical practitioner can see how many credit points one has accumulated for attending the Continuous Medical Education program.
- The number of services and information available on the council’s website are easily accessible through the mobile app.
- The MMC Mobile is available at free of cost to people and the registered medical practitioners and comes with encryption technology.
The Maharashtra Medical Council Mobile App will be a boon for the registered medical practitioners as well as the people. Girish Mahajan, Medical Education Minister said, “Firstly, I congratulate the Maharashtra Medical Council who has made this app available for the patients and the doctors as a part of PM Modi’s digital India. This app will not only benefit the patients but the doctors as well. Now, everything takes place online. So, the doctors will be able to renew their licence online. Whereas, the patient will get the information about the doctor he is visiting. The Maharashtra Medical Council is the country’s first medical council to start a mobile app.”
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Shivkumar Utture, IMA member and President of Maharashtra Medical Council said, “Anyone across the world can use this app. Now, the patients will get the information about the doctors on their mobile. Moreover, doctors will not have to come to the MMC for giving any applications. Through this app the registered doctors can send applications. This will save their time. Also, this app will ensure smooth services for the doctors.”
Dr Ajeet Gopchade, member of the Maharashtra Medical Council said, “The doctors can register through this app and pay the sum online from wherever they are. The number of services and information available on the council’s website are easily accessible through the Mobile App.”
About the Maharashtra Medical Council app:
- Can be downloaded free of cost from the Google Play Store or Maharashtra Medical Council’s website
- It will benefit the patient as well as the doctor