The government of Maharashtra will be holding awareness programmes in each district of the state throughout the month.
- School children will be taught about preventive measures as they can help spread awareness within their families.
- Asha workers will be given training to help them identify dengue patients.
- Para-medical staff at civic-run hospitals will be shown how to treat dengue patients.
- Senior doctors at private hospitals will hold lectures on dengue awareness.
- The Directorate of Health Services will also organise awareness campaigns.
- Awareness rallies will be held in schools in each district.
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr MS Diggkar, Joint director and program officer at the Pune Health Department, said, “Since 2015, cases of dengue have been on a rise. We will be marking July as dengue awareness month. Awareness on dengue and its symptoms, what types of treatment are available, what needs to be done, etc. will be provided to the people. Even though there are several monsoon-related ailments we have decided to spread awareness on dengue during this month. ”
Dengue cases recorded in Mumbai from January to June in 2018 – 21 cases
Dengue cases recorded in Mumbai from January to June in 2017 – 31 cases