- The Indian Medical Association has rejected package rates of Ayushman Bharat Health Scheme.
- IMA had an emergency meeting in Delhi, on Sunday, June 24. To discuss the packages rate offered under Ayushman Bharat.
- On June 22, the Health Ministry has issued a press release, saying Indian Medical Association has fully backed Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
Barely two days after the Health Ministry’s press release claimed, that the Indian Medical Association has fully backed the Ayushman Bharat Health Scheme. The Indian Medical Association and the Union Health Ministry is all set for yet another face-off. And this time around the issue is package rates offered under the Ayushman Bharat Health Scheme.
The Indian Medical Association has issued a press release on Sunday, June 24.
The IMA’s press release stated,
- IMA is deeply concerned and rejects the current package rates.
- As these rates, the government is exposing the patients to the danger in the hospital.
- Such low rates will compromise quality and breed corruption.
- This will have a deleterious effect on the patient’s safety.
Dr Rave Wankhedkar, President of the Indian Medical Association says, “IMA’s objection on the package rates, fund allocation, and the insurance model stands unchanged. IMA has also raised scientific costing before fixing the rates. IMA demands exclusive trust model. At 15% profit, crores of rupees would unnecessarily go to the middleman. And the present health delivery system will collapse unless all the stakeholders in healthcare are taken into account.”
The IMA has stated that they are willing to partner with the government in the health scheme provided the package rates are revised to a reasonable level.