Dr Ravi Wankhedkar, IMA, President, said, “The Medical fraternity is going through a turbulent phase. Many issues and government decisions are creating negative impact on fraternity and healthcare of the country. Doctor-patient relationship and the trust on fraternity is all-time low.”
IMA yatra will witness the entire leadership of IMA moving across the country. Each and every branch of IMA will have their headquarter leader representing the branch. The fraternity will also receive guiding meetings.
The governing policies which do not meet the needs of the people shall be highlighted during public meetings. National Medical Commission (NMC) bill, Clinical Establishment Act, Violence against Doctors will be addressed during all meetings.
“NMC Bill is the greatest catastrophe that has befallen medical profession in our times. The NMC bill is anti-poor, pro-rich, anti-federal and non-representative in nature. The bill will make medical education very costly affair beyond reach of common man. The next generation will witness pathetic medical education. The overall healthcare will reach a new low. The bill will augment corruptions at various levels and even make it official,” added Dr Wankhedkar.
- The IMA yatra is set to begin from February 25 to March 25, 2018
- “Connect with society, consolidate the fraternity” is the baseline principle of the yatra.
- A nationwide mass contact program through IMA yatra is planned to reach out to the society and fraternity to highlight the issues of community and profession especially NMC and our other long pending issues.
IMA cycle yatra
- Cycle rallies will commence in all 1700 branches of IMA on 12th March 2018.
- Cycle yatras will start from all four corners of country from 12th March and will converge to Delhi on 25th March 2018.
Doctors maha panchayat
- It will be organised on 25th March in New Delhi.
- Dr Ravi Wankhedkar starts on IMA yatra across the country to awaken the medical fraternity
- He will be visiting every state personally and will flag off the IMA yatra.
- All the local, state branches, central leaders and National President will move out throughout this month to create a momentum and awareness on various issues.
- The yatra will be flagged off at sunrise on Sunday, February 25, 2018 at Kanyakumari.
- Simultaneously team of national leaders will be starting of their yatras from various states.
- An emergency conclave of strategy sessions has been called in Mumbai on 20th and 21st Feb 2018.
- Several activities like cycle yatra and massive public awareness campaign has been planned.
- A central team of leaders will continue the yatra into the states while the state and district leaders are expected to reach every nook and corner of their state.
All the local branch, state branch , national office bearers, CWC members, national and state leaders, sister organisations are expected to attend this mega meeting to demonstrate the one voice of the entire modern medicine medical fraternity.
The objective of all these activities is to consolidate the fraternity for action if required.