Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers, Ananth Kumar inaugurated the three-day event where Union Health and Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilisers and Road Transport and Highways, Shipping, Mansukh L Mandaviya are also present.
India Pharma 2018 is an International Exhibition and Conference on Pharmaceutical Industry is a joint initiative of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) to provide a common platform where all the participants will get an opportunity to enhance their brand value by displaying their product and the capabilities among the conference delegates and business visitors provided by the event.
- India Pharma 2018 will cover all the sectors of the pharmaceutical industry starting from finished formulations, APIs, bio-pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals and intermediates, natural extracts, excipients and many more.
- Display of latest pharmaceutical machinery, plants, laboratory equipment, analytical instrument and cleanroom equipments.
- Direct access to highly targeted senior pharma executives, buyers, procurement managers, contract manufacturers.
- Meetings with manager and business development managers who are looking for new supplies, building strategic partnerships or entering into new ventures.
Speaking at India Pharma 2018, Ananth Kumar said, “We will create plan for pharma industry to create and integrate better medical care for the benefit of the country.”
He added, “India is known as pharmacy of the world but still we are on 3rd position. We need to gallop ahead.”
“India will be the no. 1 Pharma producer of the world,” he said.
S Sridhar, Co-Chair, FICCI Pharma Committee, said, “The operating challenges for the Indian Pharma industry include, uncertainties on the manner of prescription, order pricing policy and implementation, and delay in price approvals.”
Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Chemicals and Fertilisers, Mansukh Mandaviya ,said, “India Pharma industry will grow up to 55 billion by 2020, 4th in production, 12th in value and largest in generic medicine production.”
Highlights of the India Pharma 2018 conference
- Over 300 companies and 50 start-ups will showcase their products at India Pharma 2018 and India Medical Device 2018 in Bengaluru.
- More than 90 eminent industry leaders are expected to speak at various sessions lined over the next three days.
Ananth Kumar further said, “Let this be an inspiration for entire Pharma and Medical Devices industry to raise the bar and join us in our efforts to provide affordable healthcare for all.”
He added, “Ayushman Bharat is a mega healthcare program. This can be called as ‘NaMoCare’. With this fifty crore of the population to get assured health care at the rate of 5 lakh rupees per family each year.”
He stated, “Is the India Pharma 2018 ready for this? I call upon the industry to come up the speed to work on NaMoCare. With the framework of 3As – Availability, Authenticity, Affordability for the Pharma industry, I am sure that in the next 3 years, India is to become the largest producer of Pharma in the world.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Itanagar said, “Healthcare has to be of good quality and it must be affordable. We are working towards building medical colleges across the country. This is because, when one studies in a particular area, one becomes better acquainted with the local health challenges.”