Knowing the underlying cause of your burning stomach can help you narrow in on a specific treatment method. In addition to your treatment plan, there are home remedies you can try to further aid with your symptoms and reduce burning sensation in your stomach. Here are some home remedies for burning sensation in stomach you can pair with your current treatment plan for additional relief.
- Thyme tea:Thyme steeped into a tea can help with gas, reduce the swelling of the mucosal lining, and alleviate the pain associated with burning stomach.
- Plain foods:Bland foods can help neutralize stomach acids and are easier to digest, so that your stomach doesn’t have to work as hard to break them down. Bland foods include boiled vegetables, rice, applesauce, and basically anything with minimal spices or oil added.
- Yogurt/buttermilk:Unless you are lactose intolerant, consuming yogurt or buttermilk can help alleviate burning stomach. Yogurt or buttermilk can help ease the pain associated with a burning stomach and can be enjoyed twice daily.
- Honey:Honey has been found to help treat stomach ulcers, lesions on the intestines, and other stomach-related problems.
- Soothing fruits:Fruits like bananas and watermelons not only soothe the burning sensation, but can also aid in case of heartburn.
- Coconut water:Coconut water can help soothe intestine inflammation and provide you with energy and a cooling sensation.
- Apple cider vinegar:Although apple cider vinegar is potent, it can actually help relieve burning as it contains many antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Make sure you dilute apple cider vinegar with some water as the taste is quite strong.
- Aloe vera juice:Aloe vera isn’t just for external burns, it can help cool and heal internal ones, too, as long as you drink the juice. Like apple cider vinegar, it contains antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Baking soda:Baking soda helps lower the natural stomach acids, which can contribute to burning. Mix baking soda with water and consume before and after meals to reduce burning stomach.
- Broccoli:Research suggests that regular consumption of this popular super food can help reduce the risk of stomach ulcers and even stomach cancer
Giving these home remedies a go can offer you an instant and easy relief from your burning stomach