Still, medical facilities haven’t reached in the rural areas. The number of doctors there is less. Owing to which, the government has started organising medical camps. Rural people come for the free treatment in the camps, but cannot afford the treatment in the hospital, due to poor financial conditions. So, the government is creating a database to track such patients and bring them to the hospital for the treatment.
In this campaign:
- The name and number of the patient participating in the campaign will be taken
- A database will be created
- And the database will be provided to the hospital near by the patient area
- A follow up will be taken every month
- It is mandatory for the doctors of the hospital, to provide patient’s information to the state government
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Dr Pravin Shingare, Director, DMER said, “medical facilities is the need of the hour in rural as well as tribal areas. For which, a mega helath camp was organised in Nandurbar. And the patients, who were registered in the campaign, were provided free treatment and surgery.”
“The patient’s whose name is in the database will receive a message to take treatment in the hospital. Doctors will be given a monthly target to treat the patients. So, when the patients come to the treatment, doctors will bring them for the treatment. Till now, two lakh patients have been registered in the database. And we will soon follow up regarding the same,” said Dr Shingare.