- In type 2 diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin for proper function, or the cells in the body do not react to insulin (insulin resistance).
- The type 2 diabetics need to eat healthily, be physically active, and test their blood glucose. They may also need to take oral medication, and/or insulin to control blood glucose levels.
- ‘Freedom from Diabetes’, a Pune-based foundation aims to create awareness regarding the same.
- The foundation is working in the field of diabetes since 2011. They have freed more than 5000 people of medication for diabetes and 1000 people have been freed of insulin since then. Under the program foundation aims to reach to more than one lakh people this year.
Dr Pramod Tripathi, founder of Freedom from Diabetes, said, “Through our workshops we have helped many people to lose weight, get rid of diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes. Lack of fitness is adding many more new diabetic patients in the country every year.”
He added, “Excess fat creates insulin resistance, acidic body does not allow repair work to happen properly and lack of micronutrient inhibits conversion of glucose into energy. These are three causes which led to type 2 diabetes in many adults.”
- ‘Fasting insulin’ should be checked
- The waist size should be half of your height
- Highly sensitive CRP test, which checks acidic levels and inflammation in the body, should be below one
- The consumption of oil should be less than half litre per person
The workshop is arranged in different urban and rural parts of Maharashtra. Those who are interested can visit www.freedomfromdiabetes.org