- Amid the health emergency in the national capital, a notification has been issued by Delhi government to all its citizens.
- The health advisory has been issued by the Directorate of Health Services (DHS).
- The notification has a comprehensive list of dos and don’ts for the benefit of the citizens.
As the air quality in Delhi remains very poor, for the fourth day in a row, the government has issued a health advisory. On Monday, November 4, the air quality index in Delhi remained in the severe category. The toxic air has started taking a toll on Delhites and hospitals are witnessing increasing cases of respiratory ailments.
According to the government, the air quality may result in morbidity among people who are exposed to it. And air pollution may cause respiratory illness among healthy individuals due to prolonged exposure.
Delhi government’s health advisory,
- Avoid all outdoor activates especially during morning and evening hours.
- The vulnerable population is strictly advised to avoid outdoor physical activates, remain indoors and keep activity level low to protect from pollution
- Traffic policemen, rickshaw pullers, roadside vendors have been asked to take extra precautions
- Consult the nearest doctor in case of breathlessness, cough and chest discomfort, pain or irritation in eyes
- Persons with lung, heart ailments should keep medication radially available.
- Cloth and paper masks are not effective. Use good quality masks.
- Use public transport
- Don’t burn leaves, wood and agriculture products.
- Don’t go to places with heavy traffic.
- No morning and evening walks.
- Don’t open doors and windows during morning and evening hours.