- A lot of progress has been made over the last few years in intra-city emergency and ambulance services in India.
- Although, the turn-around time for patients travelling from other cities also needs to be very quick and efficient, with the only effective mode of transport then being through air.
- To solve this crisis, JetSetGo, a private aviation company has now come forward to launch one-of-its affordable bed to bed air ambulance.
- The service would include a flight stretcher, specialised medical equipment, a full assortment of patient specific drugs and medications along with a medical team to meet the specific needs of the patient.
- In most cases, 1 to 2 passengers will be able to travel with the patient and an air ambulance can simply be booked by contacting our 24×7 helpline – +91 11 39585858. The cost of utilising an air ambulance starts at INR 70,000
This will be for services within and outside India. “An air ambulance is most effective when the patient has to cover a distance of more than 250 miles, and need specialised medical care during that journey. Relying on experience, patients benefit from this mode of transport because of the lack of specialised medical care in their vicinity, the advantage of being with their family, and to avoid further complications caused in transit,” said Kanika Tekriwal, CEO and CO-Founder of JetSetGo.
She added, “Since an emergency occurs when we least expect it, the need of the hour is to offer patients a speedy state-of-the-art ambulance that can reach them well in time, especially if they are stranded in a place that is inaccessible by road.”
Medical experts call it a tremendously helpful move. “Such an affordable ambulance will be a boon for patients or even surgeons who want to reach hospitals at specific times. This will be especially helpful in case of reaching patients in places where travelling by road is not possible,” said Dr Ravi Mohanka, Mumbai’s liver transplant surgeon.