- To examine the health of the prisoners the medical check-up will be conducted.
- Prisoners from all the jails across Maharashtra will be examined.
- Medical check-up of prisoners of Nagpur and Chandrapur jails have been conducted.
- OPD will be started in the jail premises.
- Due to which the prisoners will now be able to seek an expert advice.
- Currently, in Maharashtra there are 54 jails with 30,000 prisoners.
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Shiv Kumar Dige, Charity Commissioner said, “Discussion is going on with all the district jail administrations. The prisoners in from the jail in Nagpur and Chandrapur have been examined. A discussion with Mumbai’s jail authorities is going on. Soon, they will also grant the permission.”
He added, “After the permission, the Charitable Hospital doctors will start OPD in the jail premises. And the check-up of the prisoners will be conducted.”
As per Dige, “We have discussed to the Charitable Hospital officials about providing medical services to the prisoners. According to which, 400 private hospitals and the experts from Mumbai’s Nanavati, Lilavati, Jaslok, Hinduja Hospital and so on , will participate. The camp has been started. And the camp will be conducted in jails across Mumbai within 15 days.”