Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: ‘I suffered hand and back injuries’

A massive fire broke out in Mumbai. As per BMC’s disaster management’s information, at least 14 people lost their lives and 26 are injured. However, Siddharth Shroff suffered serious injuries in this mishap

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: ‘I suffered hand and back injuries’Fourteen people lost their lives and 21 others were badly injured in a major fire that broke out in a building in Mumbai’s Kamala Mills Compound. The blaze, reported around 12.30 a.m. from a rooftop restaurant in The Kamla Trade House, quickly spread to another pub and a restaurant in the vicinity.  Many people were […]

Govt Tables National Medical Commission Bill in Lok Sabha

On Friday, a bill for setting up a National Medical Commission that seeks to replace the Medical Council of India (MCI) was introduced in the Lok Sabha by Union health minister JP Nadda. However, IMA opposes the bill. Dr Ravi Wankhedkar, National IMA President said, we will send in writing to the parliament. If none of this works, we will go on a nationwide agitation for the next 6 weeks

Govt Tables National Medical Commission Bill in Lok SabhaThe National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill, 2017, which was approved by the Union Cabinet on December 18, is to set up a new and transparent system of regulating healthcare.  The first draft of the Bill was brought about by the NITI Aayog and drew from the 92nd Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health.  It also proposes […]

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: ‘90% fire broke out due to hookah’

A massive fire broke out in Mumbai. As per BMC’s disaster management’s information, at least 14 people lost their lives and 26 are injured. Many people were present in the pub when the fire broke. Pratik Thakur, a 28-year-old Dadar resident, was lucky to survive the unfortunate incident

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: ‘90% fire broke out due to hookah’Pratik Thakur, 28, resides in Dadar. As per Partik, they had gone to party and around 12:30 am, the fire broke out. Many were drunk. Many were consuming hookah. 90 per cent fire broke out due to hookah. The security guard had asked them not to leave. He was in the washroom. But his wife […]

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Fire broke out because of hookah?

Congress MLA Nitesh Rane took to twitter after the gruesome fire incident. He tweeted, “A friend who was a witness to the Kamala mills incident says the fire broke out because of a hookah and not a short circuit”

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Fire broke out because of hookah?A massive fire broke out in Mumbai. As per BMC’s disaster management’s information, at least 14 people lost their lives and 26 are injured. The reason of the fire is still unknown. Many people were present in the pub when the fire broke. Congress MLA Nitesh Rane tweeted that the restaurants do not follow the safety norms.  In […]

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Hiding in the toilet, led to death by suffocation

One of the saddest highlights of the Kamala Mills fire is the way how 14 people died purely due to suffocation in the toilet, as they hid there in an attempt to save themselves

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Hiding in the toilet, led to death by suffocationDestiny has its way of giving fury, they say. This was proved on Friday in the fire that broke out at Kamala Mills compound inside porch 1Above restaurant and then spreading to the rest of the area. But what seemed to be one of the saddest parts of the whole event was 14 people who […]

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: ‘He’ is alive but ‘he’ lost his friends

Mumbai’s Hemang Zakiya had gone to Kamala Mills Compound with his wife and friends from the United States. Hemang was happy to meet his friends after a long time. Fortunately, Hemang survived. But, he lost his friends

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: ‘He’ is alive but ‘he’ lost his friendsHemang Zakiya had gone for a dinner party with his wife Pallavi and his 2 friends from the Unites States at Kamala Mills Compound. Suddenly, the fire broke out. And, the things worsened. As, his wife and friends were caught in fire, as they were finishing their meals. Though, Hemang and his wife were fortunate […]

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Her dream of celebrating new year was ruined

A massive fire broke out at 12.30 am at ‘1 Above’ restaurant in Kamla Mills compound, Mumbai. Many people were present in the pub when the fire broke. Yasha Thakkar, a 22-year-old Ahmedabad resident lost her life in this gruesome incident

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Her dream of celebrating new year was ruinedPeople all over the world are gearing up to celebrate the New Year. Likewise, 22-year-old Yasha Thackar, an Ahmedabad resident had come to Mumbai to celebrate the New Year. But, destiny had something else in store for her. She went to celebrate at ‘1 Above’ restaurant in Kamala Mills compound, Mumbai and never came back. […]

‘He was brought here with burns on his hands, face and back’

For this 23-year-old boy (name with-held on request), going to Kamala Mills was just as exciting as it was for four of his other friends. He was there at the mills to party along with his friends where the fire broke out and has got 12 per cent burns. He is currently getting treated at the National Burns Centre (NBC), Airoli

‘He was brought here with burns on his hands, face and back’It’s the end of the year and partying is just the way we are going about it. However, this day turned into a nightmare for this 23-year-old from South Mumbai. “He was brought here with burns in his hands, face and back. We are treating him here. It is very early to comment anything but […]

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: She lost her life on her birthday

28-year-old Khushi Mehta Bhansali, was celebrating her birthday at the ‘1 Above’ Restaurant in Kamla Mills with her friends. And, on her birthday itself the unfortunate incident occurred which claimed her life

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: She lost her life on her birthdayA massive fire broke out at 12.30 am at ‘1 Above’ restaurant in Kamala Mills compound, Mumbai. Many people were present in the pub when the fire broke. As per BMC disaster management’s information, at least 14 people lost their lives in the incident and 26 are injured.  On December 28, in the gruesome incident, […]

‘If not for the hotel staff and god’s grace, I wouldn’t have survived’

One of the eyewitnesses at 1 Above restaurant where the rooftop caught fire on Friday morning around 12.15am, says she got lucky to have been saved and also that the disaster management team did a wonderful job

‘If not for the hotel staff and god’s grace, I wouldn’t have survived’“After work on Thursday, I and my friend had planned to dine at 1Above at Kamala Mills. We reached at around 10pm and had finished eating by 12.15 am. We were just to pay the bill when we saw a small portion of the roof catching fire. It looked so minor that everyone thought it […]