- 1 donor can save up to 8 lives. So, to spread awareness on organ donation, ‘Foundation Of Organ and Body Donation’ is working tirelessly.
- Organ donation march has begun from Bombay to Goa.
- This is the second year, the march has been conducted. The main aim is to create awareness regarding organ donation in the rural areas.
- The march will end at Panjim in Goa on April 15
Speaking to My Medical Mantra, Sunil Deshpande, member of the Foundation Of Organ and Body Donation said, “Last year, we conducted a march from Nahik-Nagpur-Anandvan. This year, the march will be from Mumbai to Goa.” This march is famous by the name ‘organ donation march’ in North Maharashtra and Vidarbha. Now, we have organised a march from Mumbai to Goa.”
About the march:
- 10 social workers are a part of it
- The march will halt at 52 stops
- Meetings will be held to create awareness about organ donation
- Awareness would be created through advertisements
- The rotary club and the other NGOs will also participate
Dr Kamakshi Bhate, Regional Organ and Tissue Transplantation Organisations (ROTTO) coordinator said, “This rally was been organised to create awareness about organ donation. People are coming forward to donate their organs. But, the number should go up. I will also be present in one of their meetings. This rally has been backed by Zonal Transplant Co-Ordination Centre (ZTCC), Regional Organ and Tissue Transplantation Organisation (ROTTO), Rotary club and many NGOs.