- Hot summer days call for refreshing drinks. Whip up these family- and figure-friendly summer beverages for a sweet way to cool down.
- As per the experts, the below mentioned drinks will cool down your system, help you stay hydrated and beat the heat.
Summer’s the perfect time to modify your diet. Since, one can encounter health problems such as dehydration, skin sensitivities, and vitamin and mineral deficiencies and so on.
As per Pooja Udeshi, Sports nutritionist and certified diabetes educator and practicing at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, opt for:
- Nimbu Pani.
- Detox water – combination of mint leaves, ginger and cucumber. Sliced fruits – apple, orange, peach and strawberry.
- Lassi to replenish the sugar.
- Smoothies like yoghurt, fruit combination and nuts.
- Water infused with fennel seeds/chia seeds/sabja seeds/cinnamon sticks/fenugreek seeds.
- Avoid tea, coffee, cold drinks, packed juices and creamy drinks.
Dr Ankita Ghag, Clinical Nutritionist, Vacchan Aarogya, lists out some healthy summer drinks, which will refresh one as well as help in staying hydrated and maintaining a water electrolyte balance in the body and :
- Cucumber mint crusher
- Watermelon mint or melon smoothie
- Coconut water
- Aam panha
- Kokum or Khus sharbat
- Jal jeera water
- Lemon water with mint juice