- Though, he was stuck in the fire, Huzefa Kothari survived as he stayed back at his home.
- On Thursday morning, four people died and five were injured after the third floor of Mehmud building, Shivaji Nagar, Church Road in Andheri, East, caught fire.
- Some of Huzefa’s family members are injured. But, the Kothari family survived as they decided to be at home.
Huzefa Kothari said, “I heard about the fire and from the window I saw people running. People asked us to step out but we thought not to take any decisions in hurry. So, instead of running out we decided to stay in the house itself. Around 4:00 am we were rescued by the fire brigade officials.”
He added, “The 4th floor had caught fire. If we would have opened the door the whole house would have caught fire. Owing to which, it would have been difficult to save the other family members.”
Dr Vijay Dalal of Holy Spirit Hospital said, “The patients were not able to breathe when they arrived in the hospital. But, they are fine now.”